You can quickly make all-natural and vegan peanut butter fudge with just two ingredients: peanut butter and pitted dates. No cooking is needed to make this dessert, and hence in the video, you will hear the word “raw.”
The process to make this peanut butter fudge is pretty simple, and once you see the video, you will master it. However, there are a few other important things that you may need to be clear about:
- The recipe video suggests Medjool dates for this dessert. The reason is, in the US, Medjool is the most premium variety of dates sold in the supermarkets. If you live elsewhere in the world, finding Medjool dates may be difficult, or they may be too expensive. Actually, dates of any other variety can be used for this dessert as long as they are not dry. If your dates are dry, soak them in plain water until they soften. That being said, dark-colored, gooey dates work better.
- If you are using peanut butter that you have kept in the fridge for a while, you may need to soften it before using it. It is easy to do. Please read this article: How To Soften Hard Peanut Butter.
- It may be best to use homemade peanut butter.
- Try to mix the peanut butter and dates in a food processor. I tried doing it in my blender, but the two did not mix properly.
- You may need to adjust the number of dates for each cup of peanut butter, depending on how sweet your dates are. This will take some trial and error.
I really liked this peanut butter fudge, and it inspired me to look for more raw and all-natural desserts. I am sure you will feel the same way.
Video credit: This recipe comes from the Naturally Healthy Desserts Youtube channel.
If you want to make your own peanut butter, it is really easy. Read this: All Natural Homemade Peanut Butter