Nutella, or a chocolate hazelnut spread, is a favorite of many of us. Also, most of us buy it at a store because the idea of making this delicious spread at home does sound a little impractical.
But is it so? I promise you one thing, once you watch this recipe video, you will feel instantly motivated to make your own chocolate hazelnut spread. There are several reasons:
- You can control the variety and the quantity of nuts used. This particular recipe uses hazelnuts, peanuts, and almonds.
- You can control the amount of sugar and also use healthier sugar instead of refined one.
- You will not be using any artificial chemicals, fillers, or preservatives.
- You will be able to enjoy it as you make it – totally fresh.
- And not to forget, you can make it 100% dairy-free.
The recipe is simple – toast the nuts of your choice and then boil them in water until they soften. Add some brown sugar and salt and pour into a blender. Blend until you obtain a smooth purée.
Transfer the purée to a bowl and mix in some cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and vanilla essence or paste.
Stir it well and then keep it in the refrigerator for one hour. That is it. Your yummy and healthy homemade Nutella is ready.
Video credit: The recipe comes from ByronTalbott Youtube channel.